End-user License Agreement
This agreement was last updated on April 1st 2020.
- CYTORA LIMITED incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08229538 whose registered office is at 9 Dallington St, London, EC1V OLN, United Kingdom (“CYTORA”); and
- Either a registered Company, (the “Company”), or an individual accessing our software on the relevant app store. (the “You”).
In this agreement (this “Agreement”), each of CYTORA LIMITED and the YOU are referred to separately as a “Party” and jointly as the “Parties”.
- We are Cytora Limited. Our mission is to make insurance programmable. You can find us on Companies House, here, and our company number is in the footer of this document. Our terms are governed only by English law.
- Cytora will provide:
- A software and service application (Software) created and maintained by Cytora.
- An interface for you, our customer, to extract specific data using Microsoft’s suite of products, specifically what is called “Microsoft Add-in”
- This interface is commonly called a Microsoft Office Add-in. This allows users to access Cytora Software from within their Outlook (or other Microsoft) application webpage.
- (Un)Installation of this add-in can be managed by your Microsoft Office administrator or by individual users.
- (Microsoft is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation)
- The terms of service are the same whether you use one or more than one item of Cytora Software
- Cytora will provide our Software in a format that is widely accepted amongst consumers of the app store.
- You, our customer, will:
- Use our Software for your needs.
- Will not attempt to re-engineer, or reverse-engineer our Software. In other words you won’t try and copy what we do. (In English Law you promising to do this means you will respect our intellectual property).
- Only use our Software for legal uses. An example of this is that you won’t use our Software to breach the Equalities Act, the Bribery Act 2010, or other laws, whether they are criminal or civil laws.
- Let us know if you think one of your employees or contractors has breached this agreement.
- Keep your logins and security details safe, secure, and private to authorised users.
- You will be over the age of 18 if you are an individual.
- You, our customer, will pay us according to any payment pricing plan attached agreed with Cytora or shown elsewhere on our website. You will also pay VAT.
- Our Software & Services are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. We aim to have our Software always available. Support for our Software is available during UK working hours. Please contact us here, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cytora owns the Software we provide. We always retain ownership in our Software. You, our customer, retain ownership of your own data.
- In the rare event that you share data with us, you retain ownership of your data. We will treat data that we have in line with UK data protection laws. You can find us on the UK information commissioner’s website, here.
- The data that Cytora will collect is only analytics data about the use of our Software. By signing this licence agreement you agree Cytora acts only as a data processor and has no liability to You under the Data Protection Act 2018 or similar laws.
- You, our customer, will not be able to audit our Software. As detailed above, our Software is provided on an ‘as is’ basis.
- Cytora’s liability to you, our customer, is limited to £5,000 or one year of fees (whichever is lower) that you pay under this Agreement. The liability under this agreement applies in both under contract and tort law.
- Cytora or You can terminate this contract within the first 90 days immediately, (‘trial period’) The trial period is a maximum of 90 days. You will be liable to pay for Software calls for the period used, and are subject to a maximum number of 1,000 (one-thousand) queries per calendar month
- After the trial period, this Agreement is subject to a licence of at least 1 (one) year with fees payable annually in advance. The minimum length of any Cytora contract is 12 months after any trial period. Once the contract has been terminated, then you, our customer, will no longer be able to use our services by Cytora disabling the login credentials.
- Cytora is able to terminate this contract immediately in the event that it finds any use inconsistent with the way the Software is intended. In the event that Cytora terminates according to this clause, no liability for damages will be subject to a claim by You.
- Cytora may decide Your use of our services to be the basis of a case study. By accepting these terms of service, You have given your agreement to participate in a case study.
- Cytora has the freedom to assign this contract. Cytora will always give you notice of any assignment
- Cytora will update these terms regularly. Please check the ‘last updated’ section in the header.
- If You aren’t a party to this contract you can’t have it enforced. In legal terms this means that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 can’t be used.